Our day got off to a bit of a late start, which is always a good thing in softball. Rather than getting the 7:55am game like our poor roommate (Orlando from Tampa) we were fortunate to have games at 12:20 and 2:30 this afternoon. That allowed us to stay out a bit late last night and enjoy some adult beverages and socializing. I joined the Edge (the other Minneapolis C division team) at a great restaurant called Elsa's for dinner, as my team hates me and tries to avoid being seen with me in public. Somehow I convinced my teammates to meet me at the hotel bar later (probably because I promised to buy them beer) and we would up having a good time. Dan and I were amazing at darts and won by a lot. I won't divulge the final score as it's a bit embarassing for the losers (Jay and Jason) if everyone knows they lost by about 200 points.
On to softball: we had a good warm-up/practice which didn't really carry over to the first game. After falling behind 4-0 after one inning, we played Nashville Fury even the rest of the way but lost 7-3. Not many games will be won if we score 3 runs, so hitting will have to improve if we're to do well.
Game two was close (5-5) until we went ballistic and scored 9 runs in the 5th inning. Our defense held them to 3 runs over the next 2 innings and we won 14-8 to finish the day at 1-1 overall. Tomorrow we play at 1:15 against Philadelphia TBD.
We're off to the opening ceremonies in about 1.5 hours. I'm pretty sure there will be more adult beverages consumed and more stories to tell, although I doubt many of the stories will be suitable for this blog. I'll stick with the basics as that's safest for all involved.
Updates on other Minneapolis teams: really, who cares? If you're reading my blog you shouldn't care about them. :)
No photos from the day. I was hoping to take some shots of a few other team/players that I'm friends with, but was busy playing and our schedules didn't really mesh very well so I have nothing. Perhaps when bracket play begins I'll be able to get my camera out.
Off to get ready for the ceremonies.
Do we go or do we stay?
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment