Tuesday, September 1, 2009

NAGAAA World Series Day 2

Quick update and then I'm off to our team dinner: we won our only game of the day and finished pool play 2-1. I would guess we'll wind up somewhere around the 15 seed out of 50 teams.

More to come later.

Latest update: we wound up seeded 20th and have our first game at 10am. We are leaving the hotel at 7:15 am - the fields are approximately 30-40 minutes away and that will give us time for a warm-up/batting practice before the game.

Backing up a bit: last night was a good time at the opening ceremonies and beyond. I can't really say as I watched the entertainment since the people attending were entertaining enough. At some point I realized my entire team had left - I figured this out as I wandered around looking for them in a somewhat enebriated state. After a number of text messages I located them (at a bar) and left. That was slightly tricky as I didn't know where I was going but managed to safely get back to the hotel and hang out/drink/socialize for awhile before heading off to bed. We played at 1:15 today so we had plenty of time to recover.

Our game today was our best so far, and we are hopefully peaking at the right time. Afterwards most of us hung out watching games and socializing some more. The last stragglers made it back to the hotel around 6pm and had a quick shower before heading off to our team dinner at 6:45. We are now back at the hotel and getting ready to call it a night.

It sounds like we are playing a team that went 0-3 in pool play so it should be a manageable first round game. Beyond that, nothing will be easy. I'm excited to finally get to the real tournament games and get this thing started.

No comments: