Thursday, October 29, 2009

Minneapolis Institute of Arts

MIA is about 10 blocks from my apartment, and free. What more could you want? So I went today for the 2nd time ever, then went back tonight to get some nighttime photos of the exterior. Lots of cool stuff there, and with a lot of changing exhibits there's always a reason to go back over and over.

This chick is fierce! In a subdued, quiet way I mean. She definitely doesn't take any crap from anyone.

This guy - not so fierce. Nice background but a bit too uptight I think.

This kind of jumped out at me. A giant tongue has that effect on most people.

I thought this was a photograph from a distance (even up close, I guess). However, it's a painting the artist did of himself, using an 8X10 photo (self-portrait, if you will) as his guide. 8X10 inches, that is. I can't even imagine the difficulty in scaling up from that size to the monstrosity this painting is, but he did it and did it well.

And here's the outside - not a great shot but it was raining and I didn't have a tripod, so it will have to do for now. I may go back and get a better shot when the weather is better and I can take more time on it.

More photos are here.

No comments: